Sour Lake, Texas 77659
|Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with Gladness; come before Him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God. It is He who made us, and we are His, we are His people, the sheep of His pasture. Enter His gates with thanksgivings and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name . For the Lord is good and His love endures forever, His faithfulness continues through all generations.
-- Psalm 100 --
Recorded in the minutes of a conference of Beech Creek Baptist Church, April 21, 1860, is a resolution offered by J.G. Collier, resolving to begin work west of the Neches River. This association served Pine RidgeChurch until the 1920's.
Land was donated by Reverend D.M. Jordan and work began on a church building and this was completed in August 1874. This building was used as a school as well. Baptism services usually took place in Little Pine Island Bayou as it had a sandy bottom and did not go dry in the summer.
With a history of service and leadership to the comunity, Pine Ridge Baptist Church continues to uphold the ideals and traditions of its founders. May we always remember the past, look to the future, but live today!
--Inscription on the Historical Marker Dedicated August 25, 1985--